Talk about a stunning margarita! This recipe came about around Cinco De Mayo when we had some extra tequila and wanted to make something less acidic and more fruit-inspired.
Skinny Summer Watermelon Basil Margaritas
A beautiful and fresh margarita that will cool down and impress any guest
- 1 1/2 oz Silver Tequila (I like Don Julio)
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 1-2 (~1 Cup) Slices of Fresh Watermelon, Cut and Seeded as needed
- 2-3 Basil Leaves
- Optional Sweetener: Agave or Honey work best
- Add the Lime Juice, Basil (leave one out for garnish) and Optional Sweetener to a shaker and gently muddle.
- Stir in Watermelon chunks and muddle to break them down.
- Add Tequila and shake.
- Fill glass with ice and strain drink from shaker over the ice.
- Garnish with a small slice of watermelon and your prettiest basil leaf.
Per Serving: 203 calories; 0.7 g fat; 26.5 g carbohydrates; 4.6 g protein.