Blueberry Spinach Aloe Smoothie
I created this recipe when I was having a lot of heartburn in the morning before I found out was caused by drinking too much coffee. I wanted to get my morning nutrients in with a lighter alkalizing smoothie. Not everyone has a bottle of edible aloe laying around so feel free to omit it. You can also add a tablespoon of chia seeds or flax meal to get your omegas in.
This recipe is very versatile so feel free to play around with the measurements ad ingredients based on your needs.
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, or any type of milk
- 1/2 Banana (I like to freeze the second half for tomorrows smoothie)
- 1 fl oz Aloe Vera Gel
- 1/2 Cup frozen Blueberries
- 1/2 Cup Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Packed Baby Spinach
- 1 tsp Honey
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend well.
- Taste, then add ingredients to change flavor/texture as needed
Per Serving: 326 calories; 6 g fat; 63.5 g carbohydrates;
9 g protein.